Join the Interislander
This is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door with Interislander in an new exciting role.
Interislander – who are we?
At Interislander our teams are passionate about delivering a safe and efficient ferry service to all our customers. Our purpose 'Stronger Connections, Better New Zealand' speaks to connected people, networks, journeys, experiences, and ways of working that move KiwiRail, the transport sector and New Zealand forward.
Interislander is owned and operated by KiwiRail, a purpose-driven State-Owned Enterprise with a commercial mandate. We run our business efficiently and effectively while delivering significant economic benefits through taking trucks off the road, reducing carbon emissions and road maintenance costs, easing congestion in cities and making roads safer.
Interislander employs 600 staff. We are committed to being a progressive organisation that encourages forward thinking and recognises the success of every one of our employees. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our Cabin Attendants. Key benefits include:
- Gain internationally recognised Maritime Qualifications (STCW) in:
- Sea survival
- Crowd control
- First aid
- Fire fighting
- Licence controller qualification
- Barista course
- Customer service training
- All meals provided on board
- Free parking at the terminal
- Gain valuable experience in all aspects of customer service, our ferries have it all; cafés, bars, restaurants, cinemas, nurseries and retail shops
- No two days on the Interislander look the same
- Breath-taking views from “the office” - the iconic Interislander journey is ranked as one of the most beautiful ferry rides in the world
- With a significant investment programme for new sustainable ferries and two new terminals, we are gearing up for a bright future. You have the opportunity be part of this time of transformational change right across the business
- Interislander has been connecting New Zealand’s North and South Islands for nearly 60 years. You will be joining a trusted NZ business
- Influence change – we value your ideas and initiatives and encourage a culture of continuous improvement
- Commitment to your continued learning and development