Safe practices to protect New Zealand
By taking a few simple hygiene measures, each of us can help keep COVID-19 at bay here in New Zealand - which means we can all continue travelling and enjoying our beautiful country.
Practice good hygiene, including washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water and drying them (or using hand sanitiser if soap and water is not available); coughing and sneezing into your elbow; and not touching your face.
We know, it's less than ideal. But considering the long-term gains, wearing a face-covering for a couple of hours and keeping a sensible distance from one another seems a small commitment.
So, for the foreseeable future, we will be complying with safe travel policies both onboard and in our terminals, and we ask for your patience and understanding.
What can you expect on-board?
- There is plenty of room on board for everyone, so we ask that all passengers keep a sensible distance from one another. Our passionate crews will also be on-hand to help everyone find a safe and comfortable space.
- Wearing is caring! So we encourage you to wear a face-covering when moving about the vessel and through our terminals.
- If you are wearing a disposable face covering, please dispose of it safely.
- Our food outlets and bars are operating normally with a great range of food and drink on offer. However, we do ask that customers use card payments if possible to limit contact.
- Hygiene is our priority which means that some facilities and area will remain closed or limited, this includes the following:
- Cinemas are closed
- Cabins are closed
- Personal Cinema is unavailable
- Interislander Plus lounges are open with a reduced number of guests and with table service for food (rather than the usual buffet).
- Nursery access is available on request from the onboard shop or reception. This is part of the process to ensure that deep cleaning can be carried out between uses.
- Our free Interislander shuttle is operating as usual from Platform 9 at Wellington Railway station. But physical distancing and face coverings are required as part of our conditions of carriage.
Changes at Check In
We are currently maintaining normal Check-in operations with no additional Check-in time required.
Please maintain a sensible distance from fellow passengers while waiting in our terminals and practice good hygiene.
Photo ID is required for all adult passengers for the sole purpose of recording who is on board.
Please read our Privacy Statement for more details on how we handle your personal information.
Keeping yourself, your family, and New Zealand Safe
If you haven't already, then please download the NZ COVID Contact Tracing App and scan the QR codes whenever you visit a public place.
For more information on the current COVID-19 restrictions, please visit the Government website: https://covid19.govt.nz/covid-19/restrictions/current-alert-level/