Visitor to Wellington Tests Positive for COVID-19
A recent visitor to Wellington from Sydney tested positive for COVID-19 and, as a precautionary measure, the Wellington Region is moving to Alert Level 2.
We are happy to report that no known cases have travelled with Interislander, and we are sailing as scheduled with COVID Alert Level 2 safety measures in place. However, we are asking all passengers to check the Locations of Interest on the Ministry of Health website before travelling.
Update on our services and operations
Our COVID-19 Alert Level 2 safety measures have been implemented and Interislander sailings are continuing as planned.
Passengers can be assured we are doing everything we can to keep everyone, both aboard and in our terminals, safe and healthy. This includes the following measures:
- There is plenty of room on board for everyone, so we ask that all passengers practice physical distancing. Our passionate crews will also be on-hand to help everyone find a safe and comfortable space.
- We encourage wearing face coverings when moving about the vessel and in situations where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Hygiene is our priority, and our professional crews carry out our deep-cleaning cleaning protocols before each sailing.
- Our food outlets and bars are operating normally with a great range of food and drink on offer. We do ask that customers use card payments if possible to limit contact.
- A few of our normal facilities are closed, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused:
- Cinemas are closed
- Cabins are closed
- Playgrounds are closed, including Deck 2 on Kaitaki.
- Personal Cinema is unavailable.
- Interislander Plus lounges are open, albeit with a reduced number of guests and table service for food (rather than the usual buffet).
- Nursery access is available on request from the onboard shop or reception. This is part of the process to ensure that deep cleaning can be carried out between uses.
- Our free Interislander shuttle is operating as usual from Platform 9 at Wellington Railway station. Face coverings should be worn on the shuttle bus, and we recommend that you bring your own for comfort.
- Physical distancing measures are in place on the shuttle and at our terminals.
Changes at Check In
We expect to maintain normal Check-in operations with no additional Check-in time required.
Photo ID is required for all adult passengers to verify our passenger lists for Contact Tracing.
Please read our Privacy Statement - COVID19 Response for more details on how we handle your personal information.
Keeping yourself, your family, and New Zealand Safe
If you haven't already, please download the NZ COVID Contact Tracing App and scan the QR codes whenever you visit a public place.
For more information on the current COVID-19 restrictions, please visit the Government website: https://covid19.govt.nz/covid-19/restrictions/current-alert-level/