Wellington vehicle terminal
When you are travelling with a vehicle, you can go directly to the vehicle check-in and don't need to visit the passenger terminal.
Interislander Wellington Vehicle Check-In, Aotea Quay, Pipitea, Wellington
Directions to the Wellington Terminal
The Interislander Wellington Terminal is accessed from the Hutt Road (from the north) and Aotea Quay (from the south). When coming from the north, you need to exit from SH1/SH2 just before the two highways meet.
To get a comprehensive guide on how to locate the terminal, please watch our driving direction videos:
- Driving to Wellington Terminal from the north via SH1 (watch video)
- Driving to our Terminal from the Wellington City (watch video)
- Once you have checked in, you must remain with the vehicle.
- If you wish to use the passenger terminal facilities before going to the vehicle check-in, then you will find free short-term parking outside the Departures building.
- If any member of your party wishes to board as foot passenger, then you must all check-in at the Passenger terminal. The driver can then drive back to the vehicle check-in.
- Find out more about the vehicle check-in process to make boarding a breeze.