Wellington passenger terminal
The Wellington passenger terminal is for passengers travelling without a motor vehicle.
Opens: 06:30 am daily
Closes: 6.15 pm daily
Hours may vary according to sailing schedule
- Our Wellington Terminal Shuttle Bus departs from Platform 9, Wellington Station, 50 minutes before each scheduled departure sailing between 08:30 and 18:00
- Outside of these hours, taxis can be found outside Wellington Railway Station
- Short-term Pick-Up & Drop-Off parking is available outside the Departures Terminal
- Walking from Wellington CBD isn't advised as it requires crossing the slip road from the motorway and there's no pedestrian crossing
- Find out more about the check-in process to make boarding a breeze
On arrival at Wellington:
- Our Shuttle Bus to Wellington Railway Station operates between 08:00 and 18:00 and departs from outside the Wellington Terminal
- Taxis are also available from our Wellington Terminal on arrival (please speak to a member staff if more need calling)
- A free bus leaves from Platform 9 at Wellington Railway Station 50 minutes before each daytime sailing, from 8am to 6pm (taxis are available from the front of the station).
Taking a vehicle?
- If you are travelling with a vehicle, you'll need to go to Wellington vehicle terminal
Driving to the Wellington Terminal
There is short term parking outside the terminal for pick-up and drop-off. If you need comprehensive driving instruction on how to get to our terminals, please watch our videos:
- Driving to Wellington Terminal from the north via SH1 (watch video)
- Driving to our Terminal from the Wellington City (watch video)
Aotea Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6035
Wellington Terminal Facilities
A café operates in the terminal offering drinks and light food from 6:30am to 4pm daily.
Long term parking
Our Shuttle Bus departs Wellington Railway Sation 50 minutes before each scheduled sailing departing Wellington between 8.30am and 6.00pm. For example, the bus will depart at 8:10am for a 9:00am ferry; and at 7:40am for an 8:30am ferry. From the Terminal, our Shuttle Bus departs Wellington Interislander Terminal approximately 20 minutes after each arrival.
A free shuttle bus departs from Platform 9 at Wellington Railway Station 50 minutes before each sailing between the hours of 8am to 6pm.
The shuttle bus departs the terminal around 20 minutes after each arrival, between the hours of 8am to 6pm, and takes passengers to Wellington Railway Station.
Outside of the hours of operation, taxis are available outside Wellington Railway Station and outside the Wellington Interislander Terminal.