Wind down and enjoy some downtime with your own private cabin on board Kaitaki.
An oasis of calm and relaxation
Whether you are travelling as a family, a couple, or on your own, a private cabin is a great add-on to make your journey extra relaxing.
Our Kaitaki Cabins include the following:
- Four bunk beds (top bunks can be stowed if not needed)
- En-suite bathroom with toilet and shower
- Fresh towels & linen
- Reading lamp
- Complimentary tea or coffee
How to book a cabin
When booking online, simply choose your preferred Kaitaki fare (you can choose any available fare: Saver, Flexible or Refundable fare). Then, rather than clicking continue, select the green ADD EXTRAS button. If cabins are available, you will be given the option to add a number of cabins (yes, you can book more than one!).
If you have already booked a Kaitaki Cook Strait crossing online and created an account, then you can add a Cabin to your booking by logging into your booking.
None available? Ask on board
If there are no cabins available online, then try enquiring about Kaitaki Cabins at the Reception Desk as soon as you get aboard - cabin availability can increase unexpectedly.
Cabins are only available on Kaitaki
- Report to reception once on board
- Crew will need your Booking Reference and a $5 deposit in exchange for your door Access Card
- Crew will call you 30 minutes before arrival to vacate the Cabin