Humm | Buy Now, Pay Later
Book and sail away today with just a 20% deposit and the balance spread over 5 fortnightly or 10 weekly instalments
Get on board today with Humm...
If you need to travel across Cook Strait now and pay later, then our Humm pay later option is just the ticket.
With a Humm ‘Little things’ account, you get up to $1000 credit for buying little things - such as your Interislander Cook Strait ferry fare. Simply log-in or apply online for your Humm account which, if you qualify, will be instantly approved. You can then use your Humm account to pay for your sailing from the payment page in our booking system.
There are no charges to set up an account, no account fees, and no interest rates. A $10 late payment fee may apply. You simply pay the first 20% of the total at check-out, then choose to pay the balance off weekly or fortnightly to pay the balance.
So if you need a helping hand, then apply for Humm right now.
How to pay with your Humm Account
Once you have successfully opened your Humm account, booking your Interislander Cook Strait ferry is plain sailing:
- Create a booking - it can be any amount up to $1000
- When you get to the payment page, tick the box saying "Humm"
- You will then be redirected to your Humm portal to complete the purchase
- Once completed successfully, you'll receive your booking confirmation and be ready to set sail!
Common Humm questions
Who can use Humm?
To qualify for Humm you must be:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be a permanent resident of New Zealand.
- Have a permanent job (at least 25 hours a week) or be on a New Zealand Super or Veteran’s Pension.
- Be sure you’re not insolvent (or declared bankrupt).
- Have a valid New Zealand driver licence or passport.
Once you have an active Humm account (you can apply online now), you can choose Humm as a payment method in our booking system.
Does it cost more?
No, it doesn't cost more to use Humm.
Your Humm Little Things account has no set-up costs or monthly fees or interest rates.
You will pay the standard 2% convenience fee (identical to using a credit/debit card).
How does Humm work?
- You quickly apply online for a Humm Little Things account (you'll need your drivers licence or passport handy, along with your credit or debit card)
- During setup, you will configure your payments to be withdrawn from a debit or credit either weekly or fortnightly
- You check-out from our booking system by selecting Humm
- You complete the payment from your Humm account
- Humm immediately debits 20% of your booking total from the debit or credit card you have assigned to the account.
- If completed successfully, your booking will be paid for and you will be ready to set sail!
- The remaining payments will be withdrawn from your debit/credit card over the next ten weeks (this will be either weekly or fortnightly, depending on how you have configured your account)
Can I change my booking?
With Humm, your booking is fully paid for immediately - just like using a credit card or cash.
You are freely able to change your booking according to the terms and conditions of your ticket type.
See our Cook Strait ferry fares page for more information on our different fare types.
Can I cancel my booking?
Your cancellation policy is not affected by using Humm payments.
If you have a Refundable fare, then the full amount will be refunded to your Humm account. Humm will then refund your card with any positive balance resulting from the refund (i.e. they'll refund any instalments you have already paid).
For Flexible and Saver fares, your cancellation fees will be deducted with any remaining balance refunded to your Humm account. If this leaves your Humm account in credit, they will refund you. If it leaves monies owing, your instalments will be adjusted to reflect the outstanding balance and you will need to continue paying.
The 2% convenience fee charged at check-out is non-refundable, regardless of fare type.
What if I miss a payment?
If you miss a payment, Humm will charge you a $10 late fee.
This does not affect your Interislander booking.
All fees and charges resulting from late payments are between you and Humm.
How do I get my ticket?
Your booking confirmation (ticket) is issued the moment you complete your Humm transaction and will be emailed to you instantly.