Interislander NZMCA Member Benefit
Get extra savings with Interislander and amazing flexibility free using your NZMCA membership!
Bringing you freedom since 1962
Interislander has been carrying vehicles across the Cook Strait since 1962. That's right, we've been around almost as long as campervans! So it's no surprise that we consider NZMCA members part of our whanau!
Total flexibility comes as standard!
When you buy an NZMCA discounted Interislander fare using your NZMCA membership, we pile up the benefits to suit your flexible lifestyle. That's right, we don't want your freedom to be curtailed by your Interislander booking. So here's our Interislander special deal for all NZMCA members:
- Super-cheap fares: when large groups travel with us, we give them a discount. And because we consider all NZMCA members as part of one group, we give them all the best group fares we have!
- Free-dom to change sailings: Yes, we allow NZMCA bookings to change their sailing dates and times free of charge.
- Ultra-flexible: If you want to enjoy an extra day or two on the "other side" then we aren't going to stop you! You can change your sailing any time prior to 2hrs before departure.
- Plus for less: Come on, you've been living in a van for days, maybe weeks, so you deserve a touch of indulgence. Our Interislander Plus lounges provide spacious comfy sofas and armchairs, with complimentary food and drink! Best of all, it's just $45 for NZMCA members!
- Save 10% on our Scenic trains: That's right, if you want to leave the driving to us and enjoy a day on the tracks, then you can save 10% on one of our acclaimed Scenic train journeys.
Sail when it suits you!
With three ships and twelve crossings a day during peak periods, you can pretty much work your crossing around your driving schedule. Combine with the flexibility to change your travel times and dates at short notice, you can book months in advance, but travel whenever it suits you best!
Kaitaki and Kaiarahi are the only ferries on Cook Strait that feature both bow and stern doors. This means you can simply drive on and drive off without worrying about turning around. So make life simple for yourself, and book onto either of these ships.
Earn Nautical Dollars
Every time you sail, you could not only be saving money with your NZMCA Interislander discount, you could also be earning Nautical Dollars to be used as payment for future discounted Interislander travel! You can also choose priority disembarking to beat the traffic off the boat.
See the Nautical Miles page for more detail.
Find out more about NZMCA membership:
Book using your NZMCA Cook Strait ferry discount code now:
If you have already joined the NZMCA and have the Interislander ferry discount code, then you can book online right now using the button below:
Grab a discounted Scenic train journey with NZMCA
Everyone needs a break from driving occasionally - though our Scenic train journeys offer far more than a welcome rest from the road!
From Auckland to Greymouth, our network of Scenic trains are renowned for bringing New Zealand's finest scenery to your seat, whilst you simply sit back and soak it all in.
So why not try a trip with a difference, leave the camper at home and try one of our Great train Journeys of New Zealand.